BPO Meeting Minutes 2-11-20
Call to order.
Director’s Report: Mr. Petek
- Call out to anyone interested in band or color guard. The benefits for joining marching band are many, and include learning responsibility, making friends, learning new musical and marching skills, learning time management and good sportsmanship.
- Marching Vikes Calendar of Events handed out, and is available on Facebook and
www.hnhsbands.wordpress.com. Schedule includes rehearsal dates, 4-5 parades, 5 football games, and competitions on Sat in the fall. See schedule for specific dates and times.
- Show for the upcoming marching season is “Amazon.” It is inspired by the music of Hector Villa Lobos. Planning to step up the props, technology, and overall production value of the show this season, with semi-state and beyond in our sights.
- Expecting more expenses with a larger band and color guard, more props, and higher contest fees.
- Membership goal for this coming season is 103, which includes the band and color guard students.
- Membership fee is $385. Can be paid in installments, or alternate payment plans can be arranged. First payment of $85 is due along with the registration form on
3-10-20. There is a BPO meeting that evening.
- Medical physical form is due by 7-13-20. Petek encourages students to wait until after the 2019-2020 school year ends before getting the physical done. That way the physical will be good for the 2020-2021 school year.
- The band goes on trips every 2 years. For Veterans day of 2019, they went to Washington D.C. Upcoming trips include Disney World and potentially Hawaii.
- Color guard members will be enrolled in the marching band class and receive school credit for the first time this upcoming year.
- Any parents interested in helping the band out are welcome. Options for helping include, working on the uniforms, buying/ preparing food, fundraising, being a chaperone, helping with the pit crew, loading and unloading equipment, building the props, and chearing in the crowd at events.
- The upcoming meeting on 3-10-20 will address the following
-Nomination of officers
-Sign up for parent volunteer committees
-Planning upcoming fundraisers
-Further discussion of the summer schedule
- For any questions you can contact Michael Petek or John Gardner
Officers’ reports put off until March meeting.
Motion to adjourn.
Download =====> 2020 registration packet